Sunday, May 01, 2011

My Thoughts and Feelings towards the assasination of Salmaan Taseer

*This note was originally posted by me on my Facebook profile on Thursday, January 6, 2011.


A couple of people have asked me how I felt about Salman Taseer's assassination and whether the act was justified or not. This is how i truly feel about the issue.

I am being truly honest when I say this... I do not mourn the death of Salmaan Taseer, in fact whereas I am not celebrating it, I am actually glad that he is no more. But I am indeed sad that the killer used my Prophet's name to justify his act. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, I am a practicing Muslim, I try to pray 5 times a day and have read the Quran with its translation and continue to read it whenever i get the chance. I try to be a Muslim and I am a believer, and knowing my religion, it is safe to say that the blasphemy law is an idiotic uncalled for law that has nothing to do with my religion whatsoever but is rather means for some evil religious scholars to dispose off people for their own personal gains. Allah and His Prophet (S.A.W) never gave us the right or permission to take it upon ourselves to punish anyone that maligns Allah, Islam or His Prophet (S.A.W). Allah has told us the punishment for the person who commits such an act, Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 57: "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in the world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained".

Allah says He Himself will punish them, doesn't tell Mumtaz Qadir to do so. Countless examples of people who insulted the Prophet (S.A.W) in his life, he never allowed any of his followers to kill them, the people of Taif, the woman who threw garbage at him and the man who insulted him over the splitting of a gold bar, he prayed for all of them, didn't order them to be killed. My Prophet (S.A.W) and the religion of Islam was sent down as mercy for mankind for all eternity, where's the mercy if i start killing people in his name.

On a separate note, Salmaan Taseer died a horrible death not because he spoke against the blasphemy law but because he was a corrupt, inhumane alcoholic, and a sad excuse for a Muslim. He died that way because of the sins that he committed all his life and we all know he wasn't a saint so don't try to make him one, and he is definitely not a martyr.

Also the guy who killed him, didn't kill him for the right reasons either, which is why he's in deep shit right now, so don't try to make him a hero.

It is about time we Muslims woke up, read the Quran in a language we understood and obeyed the commandments of our Allah (SWT) instead of some crazy clerics. I follow the religion of Allah, the one that Ibrahim (A.S) (Abraham), Musa (A.S) (Moses), Essa (A.S) (Jesus) and Mohammad (S.A.W) used to follow. I obey  Allah and His teachings and fear Him alone, He is The Alone I worship and The Alone I ask for help. May He guide us all, keep us from the evils of this world, help us stay on His path.

For my Muslim brothers and sisters, you need to understand, that Muhammad (S.A.W) would not have been able to preach the message of Islam had he been slaying people who used to malign him, and neither would you be able to do so. Some of the people who maligned him at first later on became the strongest pillars of Islam, a person who maligns Islam or the Prophet is one who doesn't know anything about him or the religion, and he would never know if you take such an aggressive stance against him/her. If you truly indeed love our Prophet (S.A.W) you will have to preach the message that he preached to mankind and to do so you will need to be very tolerant and patient just like our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) was.

This is what I feel, if I am wrong may Allah guide me, if I am right may He help me guide others.

Ameen/Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment